The Great Writing Mission Part 2



So here I am second week 'ish' in to my great writing mission and you've guessed it, I am not yet a great writer. It's entirely possible this may take a while. But does that mean I haven't made any progress, no it doesn't, I am constantly moving forward with this task. Lets take a look at what I have done so far.

Creative Writing Course

Still no movement, I have found some that may be good, but nothing for right now, so I will wait until these are due to start before letting you know what one I have opted for.

Online Writing Course

No further movement on this either, still awaiting pay day then will go back and look again to see if the one I found is back on offer.

Writer Feedback

This is just turning into a list of disappointments, I haven't approached anyone yet but I am putting together a possible list so I can move forward with this one.

Writing Competitions

As per last weeks blog challenge I have found a varied list of competitions, I will share the link as it seems to have a decent variety on offer. Take a look yourself and see what you think.

https://www.dystopianstories.com/writing-competitions-2016/

Agent Feedback

As per last weeks challenge I have sent a manuscript off to 3 Agents and 2 Publishers, I have specifically asked for feedback, however I am not hopeful I will receive any.

The Agents should send me some word back in the following timescales, 1- 12 Weeks, 2 - 8 Weeks and 3 - 3 Weeks.

The publishing companies have just said they will come back to me in due course. Still forward movement, at least I should have the first response back in a couple of weeks, so that gives me a rejection to look forward too.

Concept Board

I haven't changed it from my first attempt, but that doesn't mean I won't, I just want the chance to see if what I did will help in any way first.

Creative Writing Book

I read a little more of it but unfortunately I failed that challenge as I couldn't get round to finishing it this week.

My fourth and final challenge for the week was to finish chapter 3 of my current book using things that I have learned, I didn't do it, so I failed two out of four challenges this week. Why didn't I achieve everything I wanted to, because life isn't always that giving, when you have a full time job, 2 children and a slew of extra curricular activities it isn't always possible to get done everything you set out to do.

What does that mean for me? Probably that I am going to need a bit of time to complete this Great Writing Challenge and I need to give myself fair time to complete things. So although I will be keeping up with this challenge I will also be blogging about other topics to, so we don't end up with a catalogue of things Martin hasn't done this week again.

So the next update will be in 2 weeks, by that time I hope to have completed the following challenges;

1. Finish reading current creative writing book.
2. Finish chapter 3 of current project using new skills.
3. Send my book off to at least one critic/writer to review
4. (If I have had the first response) Update you on feedback from an agent.

I'll be back in a week with a new subject of some description, in the mean time if you have any thoughts, ideas or feedback of your own, then please get in touch.

Written by Martin Wallace

Comments

Popular Posts